Kogi State University, KSU Postgraduate Form for 2019/2020 is Out. The form cost N15,000. Deadline to apply is 23rd November 2019 See available courses, admission requirements, and how to apply below.
Do you want to further your education in Kogi State University (KSU)? Then be informed that the KSU postgraduate Form is out.
yes the School of Postgraduate Studies, Kogi State University, Anyigba hereby invites applications from qualified candidates for admission into Postgraduate programmes of the university, leading to the award of Postgraduate Diplomas, Masters Degrees as well as Doctor of Philosophy Degrees for the 2019/2020 Academic session.
KSU postgraduate Courses
FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE:
- DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS & EXTENSION
(i) Ph.D Agricultural Economics or Agricultural Extension
(ii) M.Sc Agricultural Economics or Agricultural Extension
(iii) PGD Agricultural Economics & Extension
- DEPARTMENT OF ANIMAL PRODUCTION
(i) Ph.D Animal Production
(ii) M.Sc Animal Production
(iii) PGD Animal Production
- DEPARTMENT OF CROP PRODUCTION
(i) Ph.D Agronomy (Crop Production, Crop Protection)
(ii) M.Sc Agronomy (Crop Production, Crop Protection)
(iii) PGD Crop Production
- DEPARTMENT OF FOOD, NUTRITION & HOME SCIENCES
(i) Ph.D (Food Science & Technology)
(ii) M.Sc (Food Science & Technology)
(iii) PGD (Food Science and Technology)
FACULTY OF ARTS AND HUMANITIES:
- DEPARTMENT OF ARABIC & ISLAMIC STUDIES
(i) Ph.D Arabic Language & Literature.
(ii) M.A Arabic Language & Literature.
(iii) PGD Arabic Language & Literature.
(iv) Ph.D Islamic Studies.
(v) M.A Islamic Studies.
(vi) PGD Islamic Studies.
- DEPARTMENT OF ENGLISH & LITERARY STUDIES
(i) Ph.D (English Language)
(ii) M.A (English Language)
(iii) Ph.D (Literature in English)
(iv) M.A (Literature in English).
- DEPARTMENT OF HISTORY & INTERNATIONAL STUDIES
(i) Ph.D History
(ii) M.A History
- DEPARTMENT OF PHILOSOPHY
(i) Ph.D Philosophy
(ii) M.A Philosophy
- DEPARTMENT OF RELIGIOUS STUDIES
(i) Ph.D Religious Studies (Church History, African Traditional Religion, Philosophy and Religion, Religion and Society)
(ii) M.A Religious Studies (Church History, African Traditional Religion, Philosophy and Religion, Religion and Society)
- DEPARTMENT OF THEATRE ARTS
(i) Ph.D Theatre Arts
(ii) M.A Theatre Arts
(iii) PGD Theatre Arts
FACULTY OF LAW:
(iii) Master of Arts, Law and Diplomacy (MALD)
FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES:
- DEPARTMENT OF ACCOUNTING
(i) PGD Accounting
- DEPARTMENT OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
(i) Ph.D Management
(ii) M.Sc Management
(iii) Master of Business Administration (MBA) Management
(iv) PGD Management
(v) Ph.D Marketing
(vi) M.Sc Marketing
FACULTY OF NATURAL SCIENCES:
- DEPARTMENT OF BIOCHEMISRTY
(i) Ph.D Biochemistry
(ii) M.Sc Biochemistry
(iii) PGD Biochemistry
- DEPARTMENT OF BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES
(i) Ph.D Zoology (Hydrobiology and Fisheries)
(ii) M.Sc Zoology (Hydrobiology and Fisheries)
(iii) PGD Zoology (Hydrobiology and Fisheries)
(iv) M.Sc Botany (Plant Pathology/Mycology)
(v) PGD Botany (Plant Pathology/Mycology)
- DEPARTMENT OF CHEMISTRY
(i) Ph.D (Organic Chemistry)
(ii) M.Phil/Ph.D (Organic Chemistry)
(iii) M.Sc (Polymer Chemistry, Organic Chemistry)
(iv) PGD (Polymer Chemistry, Organic Chemistry)
- DEPARTMENT OF EARTH SCIENCES
(i) M.Sc (Hydrogeology, Environmental and Pollution Studies)
(ii) PGD Applied Geology
- DEPARTMENT OF MICROBIOLOGY
(i) M.Sc Industrial Microbiology
(ii) M.Sc Medical Microbiology
- DEPARTMENT OF PHYSICS
(i) Ph.D Theoretical Physics (Mathematical, Nuclear)
(ii) M.Sc Theoretical Physics (Mathematical, Nuclear)
FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES:
- DEPARTMENT OF GEOGRAPHY AND ENVIRONMENTAL STUDIES
(i) Ph.D Geography (Environmental Resource Planning)
(ii) M.Sc Geography (Environmental Resource Planning)
(iii) Masters in Environmental Management
(iv) PGD Environmental Management
(v) PGD Remote Sensing and GIS
- DEPARTMENT OF POLITICAL SCIENCE
(i) M.Sc Political Science
(ii) PGD Political Science
- DEPARTMENT OF SOCIOLOGY
(i) Ph.D Sociology
(ii) M.Phil /Ph.D Sociology
(iii) M.Sc Sociology
(iv) PGD Sociology
- DEPARTMENT OF ECONOMICS
(i) M.Phil/Ph.D Economics
(ii) M.Sc Economics
(iii) PGD Economics
- DEPARTMENT OF MASS COMMUNICATION
(i) ) M.Sc Mass Communication
(ii) PGD Mass Communication
ELIGIBILITY FOR DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY (Ph.D) PROGRAMMES
An applicant for admission into Ph.D programme shall:
- Be a graduate of Kogi State University or any other approved University who has obtained the degree of Master of Arts or Science (MA/M.Sc) .
- Possess a minimum of 3.5Cumulative Grade point Average on a 5 point scale or equivalent letter grade B in previous postgraduate core courses.
- For programmes in Natural Sciences a candidate must possess a minimum of 4.0Cumulative Grade point Average on a 5 point scale or equivalent letter grade B in previous postgraduate core courses.
- Candidates who do not meet the criteria in (b) & (c) above can apply for M.Phil/Ph.D in their respective Programmes where available.
KSU Postgraduate Admission Requirements
ELIGIBILITY FOR MASTER OF ARTS/MASTER OF SCIENCE (ACADEMIC)
For Masters Degree Programmes (M.A/M.Sc), a candidate is required to:
- Possess a bachelor’s degree of Kogi State University or any other recognized University in the relevant programme.
- Possess a CGPA of not less than 3.00 for programmes in the Faculties of Natural Sciences and Social Sciences.
- Possess HND and PGD at credit level in relevant fields.
ELIGIBILITY FOR POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA (PGD)
To qualify for admission into Postgraduate Diploma Programmes, a candidate is required to:
- Hold a minimum of Third Class degree of Kogi State University or any other recognized University.
- Have a Higher National Diploma (HND) at credit level in related fields.
GENERAL ELIGIBILITY/ REQUIREMENTS FOR POSTGRADUATE STUDIES
All applicants for Postgraduate admission must satisfy the ‘O’ Level first degree requirement of Kogi State University, Anyigba as follows:
- Possess five ‘O’ Level credit passes at not more than two sittings in the relevant subjects, including English Language for ALL disciplines and Mathematics for ALL Science-based disciplines, including Economics, Geography and Management Sciences.
How to Apply for KSU Postgraduate Admission
The application fee for ALL Postgraduate programmes is N15,000.00 (Fifteen thousand naira only).
Note that all payments are by Remita.
The application form can be downloaded through the following website: www.spgs.ksu.edu.ng
Candidates are required to submit the following items to the School of Postgraduate Studies:
- Completed application form
- Relevant credentials
- Photocopy of e-payment receipt
- Referee forms (3)
Upon submission, the candidate will be given an acknowledgement slip.
- Candidates are required to request their former institutions to forward their transcripts of academic records to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies, Kogi State University, Anyigba before the closing date of this advertisement.
KSU Postgraduate Form: Deadline to apply
The closing date for Sales of application forms will commence from 14th October, 2019 and close on 23rd November, 2019, 6 weeks from the date of this advertisement.
Completed application forms should be submitted to:
School of Postgraduate Studies,
Kogi State University,
The FUNLOADED TEAM wishes you best of luck in your academic pursuit