National Identity Card Registration – Do you need a National ID Card but don’t know how to get it? This article will help guide you on how to go about the National Identity Card registration.
The National ID Card is a valid means of identification which proofs nationality anywhere in the world. It is an official document issued by the government of a country to its citizens to validate their citizenship.
The National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) is in charge of processing and issuing of National ID Cards in Nigeria.
As a citizen of Nigeria, it is necessary that you own a National ID Card. Although before now, there was nothing like National ID Card in Nigeria, and a result, made citizens of other African countries who lived for a long period in the country to claim citizens of Nigeria. However, this is not the case today!
in the process was stressful as one had to travel a long distance to the designated offices to register.
However, the introduction of computer technology has made it a lot easier for Nigerians to register for the National ID Card even from the comfort of their homes.
How to Register for National Identity Card
- Visit the NIMC official website https://www.nimc.gov.ng/ to access the Enrolment Form
- Fill the Enrollment Form online with all your details and print out a summary sheet with a 2D Barcode and Registration Identification Number.
- Go to the enrollment center, where an enrollment officer will scan the barcode to pull up your information from the database.
- You should verify and confirm the enrollment data on the system.
- Your headshot photograph, fingerprints, and signature would then be captured.
- Submit your supporting documents for scanning.
- Two slips would be given to you to acknowledge your enrollment: (a) Transaction Slip (b) NIN Slip indicating completion of enrollment.
Documents Required for National Identity Card
- Old National ID card (If available).
- Valid Driver’s license.
- Valid International passport.
- Voter’s ID card.
- Govt. staff ID card.
- State or local government of origin certificate.
- Birth certificate/declaration of age.