National Identity Card Registration –Do you need a National ID Card but don’t know how to get it? This article will help guide you on how to go about the National Identity Card registration.
The National ID Card is a valid means of identification which proofs nationality anywhere in the world. It is an official document issued by the government of a country to its citizens to validate their citizenship. The National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) is in charge of processing and issuing of National ID Cards in Nigeria.
As a citizen of Nigeria, it is necessary that you own a National ID Card. Although before now, there was nothing like National ID Card in Nigeria, and a result, made citizens of other African countries who lived for a long period in the country to claim citizens of Nigeria. However, this is not the case today!
Initially, when the National ID Card was first introduced, the registration process was stressful as one had to travel a long distance to the designated offices to register. However, the introduction of computer technology has made it a lot easier for Nigerians to register for the National ID Card even from the comfort of their homes.
How to Register and Get Nigeria National Identity Card
- Visit the NIMC website: http://www.nimc.gov.ng to access the Enrollment Form
- Fill the Enrollment Form online with all your details and print out a summary sheet with a 2D Barcode and Registration Identification Number.
- Go to the enrollment center, where an enrollment officer scans the barcode to pull up your information from the database.
- You should verify and confirm the enrollment data on the system.
- Your headshot photograph, fingerprints, and signature would then be captured.
- Submit your supporting documents for scanning.
- Your enrollment is acknowledged where two slips would be given to you. (a) Transaction Slip (b) NIN Slip indicating completion of enrollment.
- With everything properly done, you should not have any problems getting your identity card quickly.
National Identity Card Requirement
You are required to upload any of the following as proof of your identity for your enrollment.
- Old National ID card.
- Valid Driver’s license.
- Valid International passport.
- Voter’s ID card.
- staff ID card.
- State of origin certificate.
- Birth certificate/declaration of age
National Identity Card FAQS
What is a national ID? – An optional national identity number is the Social Security number (SSN), a nine-digit number issued to U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and temporary (working) residents. Its purpose was to identify individuals for the purposes of Social Security, but it is now also used to track individuals for taxation purposes.
What is Nimc number? – The National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) is the Federal Government Agency established by the NIMC Act No. 23 of 2007, to create, own, operate, maintain and manage the National Identity Database, register citizens and legal residents, assign unique National Identification Number (NIN) and issue National.
What do you mean by the Nigeria national identity document? – “An identity document (also called a piece of identification or ID, or colloquially as one’s ‘” papers”‘) is any document that may be used to verify aspects of a person’s personal identity. If issued in the form of a small, mostly standard-sized card, it is usually called an identity card (IC).
What is the meaning of NIN? – Nine Inch Nails (abbreviated NIN; stylized as NIИ) is an American industrial rock band, founded in 1988 by Trent Reznor in Cleveland, Ohio. ETC…
We cherish your opinion and we look forward to it. Hence, if you need us to feed you with more updated information about the National Identity Management Commission, kindly provide us your phone number and email address in the comment box below.