NWU Post-UTME registration, cut-off mark, eligibility, screening dates application cost and deadline for 2019/2020 academic session have been announced. Cut-off mark is 160.
Cost is N2000. Deadline is Wednesday, 7th August 2019. Screening holds Monday Saturday 24th August 2019 and Monday 26th August 2019 respectively..
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Northwest University (NWU), Kano (also known as Yusuf Maitama Sule University Kano) undergraduate programs for the 2019/2020 academic session.
Only candidates who have met the following requirements are eligible for screening
- Candidates must have chosen the Northwest University, Kano as the first choice.
- Must have scored a minimum of 160 and above in the 2019 JAMB UTME or applied for Direct Entry.
- Must have registered in the Northwest University, Kano (now Yusuf Maitama Sule University) 2018/2019 Admission Screening PORTAL.
- Must have obtained a minimum of 5 Credit Passes including English Language and Mathematics in SSCE (or Equivalent) at not more than two sittings for both UTME and D.E. Candidates.
- Must have possessed 2018 UTME result Slip or 2019 D.E online registration SLIP.
- Must have obtained DIPLOMA, IJMB, NCE (or equivalent) certificate or statement of result for DIRECT ENTRY (DE) Candidates.
- D.E. Candidates with Diplomas must have a minimum CGPA of 3.0 for Science-based programs and 3.5 for Arts-based programs respectively.
- D.E. Candidates with N.C.E. must have a minimum of 9 points for relevant programs in the Faculty of Education.
- D.E. Candidates with IJMB must have a minimum of 7 points for Sciences and 8 points for Arts-based programs respectively.
Method Of Application
1. The date for the commencement of the ONLINE registration is Wednesday, 17th July, 2019, while the closing date is Wednesday, 7th August 2019 at midnight.
2. Candidates wishing to register should visit the University WEBSITE (www.nwu.edu.ng) and click on “2019 ADMISSION PORTAL” to register for the Aptitude Test or the D.E. Screening.
3. Candidates should generate REMITA payment Invoice from the portal and proceed to any Bank nationwide to make payment of the Sum of TWO THOUSAND NAIRA (N2,000.00) only as of the Screening Charges.
4. Return to the Portal to complete the registration and print your Acknowledgement Slip to be presented together with other credentials during the Aptitude Test or the D.E. Screening.
Post UTME Screening Date & Requirements
Date: Monday 19th and Wednesday 21st August 2019.
Time: 9:00 am daily
Venue: Yusuf Maitama Sule University, Kano
a) For UTME Candidates: Main Campus along Kabuga – Kofar Ruwa Road, Kano
b) For D.E. Candidates: City Campus, Gidan Ado Bayero Kofar Nassarawa, Kano.
UTME Candidates will be required to write an APTITUDE TEST in English Language, Mathematics and General Studies on Monday 19th August 2019, while D.E. Candidates will undergo a Screening Exercise on Wednesday 21st August 2019.
Candidates should come along with original and photocopies of their credentials and online registration Acknowledgement Slip for the Aptitude Test or Screening Exercise on the dates stated above.
ONLY CANDIDATES who have registered with the 2019 Yusuf Maitama Sule University Registration Portal will be screened.