Do you want to know if JUPEB results for 2023 are now available? If yes then this post is for you. From the news gotten, the JUPEB result for 2023 is out, and to get your result you are to contact the university in which you registered and wrote your exam.
What is Jupeb?
Jupeb (Joint Universities Preliminary Examinations Board) is an advanced level program that serves as a direct entry into the 200 level of most Nigerian universities. It was established by the federal government of Nigeria in 2014 to provide an alternative route for candidates seeking admission into universities.
The Jupeb program lasts for one academic session (9-10 months) and is equivalent to the first year of university education. It is designed for students who are unable to gain admission into universities through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) or Direct Entry (DE) programs.
How to check JUPEB Result 2023
To check the 2023 JUPEB result online, candidates can easily log in to JUPEB online result checker portal with their registration number, following the steps below:
Please have the following information handy before visiting the link below to retrieve your result:
- Candidate Examination Number
- Candidate Surname
Steps to check your result:
- Visit the Jupeb result checking portal – https://jupeb.edu.ng/portal/portal
- Enter your Examination Number
- Enter your Surname
- Click on the “Check Result” button.
- Your result will be displayed on the screen. In the form of A, B, C, D, E, and F which literally means 5 points, 4 points, 3 points, 2 points, 1 point, and 0 points respectively.
JUPEB Result 2023 Online Portal – Alternative Platform
Alternatively, various universities can equally make provision for candidates to check their results in the schools where they had the program.
Note: You can also check your Jupeb result on the website of the institution where you took the exams.
How to Interpret Jupeb Result 2023
Jupeb result is graded on a five-point scale (A, B, C, D, and E), with A being the highest grade and E being the lowest. The grades are interpreted as follows:
- A – Excellent
- B – Very Good
- C – Good
- D – Fair
- E – Poor
Your Jupeb result will also indicate your score for each subject you took during the exams.
What’s Next After Checking Jupeb Result 2023
After checking your Jupeb result for 2023, the next step is to apply for admission into any of the universities that accept Jupeb as a direct entry program.
You can obtain the Direct Entry form from the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) or the website of the university of your choice.
When filling out the Direct Entry form, ensure to select Jupeb as your mode of admission. Also, ensure to meet the admission requirements of the university to which you are applying.
WHICH UNIVERSITIES ACCEPT JUPEB
- All South West, South East, and South-South Federal Universities]
- All state universities
- All private universities
- Polytechnics don’t accept JUPEB
- Monotechnics doesn’t accept JUPEB
Pros & Cons of Jupeb
- Provides an alternative route to university admission for candidates who are unable to gain admission through UTME or DE.
- Jupeb result is widely accepted by most Nigerian universities as a direct entry qualification.
- Jupeb program lasts for only one academic session, which means candidates can gain admission into the university faster.
- The Jupeb program is more focused on the candidate’s chosen course of study, which helps to improve academic performance.
- Validity of results: JAMB result is valid for only a year while JUPEB result does not expire, which means you can always use your JUPEB result to gain admission any year you wish to. It’s just like WAEC result, it does not expire. With JAMB you get admission into 100level/yr1 while with JUPEB you get admission into 200level/yr2
- The cost of the Jupeb program is relatively high compared to other direct entry programs.
- The program is only offered in selected universities, which limits candidates’ choices.
- Jupeb program is quite intensive and requires a lot of hard work and dedication to excel.
- JUPEB exam is objective, essay, and practical while JAMB is just an objective exam.
- JUPEB exam is paper-based while JAMB is computer based
- JUPEB exam is written for about 3 weeks while JAMB is written in just one day.
- Nevertheless, JUPEB still has more advantages than JAMB.
Jupeb program is a great alternative for candidates seeking admission into Nigerian universities. It provides an opportunity for candidates who are unable to gain admission through UTME or DE to gain admission into universities through a direct entry program.
Jupeb result is widely accepted by most Nigerian universities, and the program lasts for only one academic session, which means candidates can gain admission into the university faster.
However, the Jupeb program has its downsides, such as its relatively high cost and limited availability in selected universities.
Nonetheless, with hard work, dedication, and proper planning, candidates can successfully navigate the Jupeb program and gain admission into their preferred universities.
- Can I use my Jupeb result to apply for admission into any Nigerian university?
Most Nigerian universities accept Jupeb result as a direct entry qualification, but it’s always advisable to confirm from the university’s admission office or website.
- How long does the Jupeb program last?
The Jupeb program lasts for one academic session, which is usually 9-10 months.
- How much does the Jupeb program cost?
The cost of the Jupeb program varies depending on the institution offering the program, but it’s generally higher than the cost of other direct entry programs.
- Is the Jupeb program difficult?
The Jupeb program is quite intensive and requires a lot of hard work and dedication to excel, but with proper planning and consistent effort, candidates can successfully complete the program and gain admission into their preferred universities.
- Can I retake the Jupeb exams if I don’t pass?
Yes, candidates who don’t pass the Jupeb exams can retake the exams in the next academic session.
Jupeb result 2023 is out, and candidates who participated in the exams can now check their results and plan their next steps. Jupeb program provides an alternative route to university admission for candidates who are unable to gain admission through UTME or DE.
It lasts for only one academic session, and its result is widely accepted by most Nigerian universities. However, the program’s high cost and limited availability are some of its downsides.
Candidates who wish to participate in the Jupeb program should be prepared to work hard, dedicate themselves to their studies, and plan ahead for their next steps after the program.
- Joint Universities Preliminary Examinations Board (Jupeb) – https://jupeb.edu.ng/portal/portal
- Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) – https://www.jamb.gov.ng/
- Federal Government of Nigeria – https://www.nigeria.gov.ng/