The National Examination Council (NECO) announced the commencement of the sales of application form for the 2023 Senior School Certificate Examination for External Candidates.
Latest update on NECO Registration Form 2022/2023: This post will focus on everything you need to know on how to successfully register for the National Examination Council, NECO GCE 2023 Exam.
Is National Examination Council (NECO) GCE Registration Form out?
The National Examination Council, NECO wishes to inform all Secondary School that the sales of form and registration for its 2023 November/December Senior School Certificate Examination (SSCE) External School Candidates is now opened.
NECO came on board during the administration of Adulsalami Abubakar the then head of state of Nigeria in 1999. NECO was created with true sole motive to offer subsidized registration of exams to candidates in Nigeria. This body came on board and took over the responsibilities of the then National Board of Education Measurement (NBEM). The first Exams conducted by NECO took place in 2000.
The body is responsible for the conduct and administering of exams for the National Common Entrance Examination, Junior Secondary School Examination, and Senior Secondary School Certificate Examinations.
All interested candidates who wish to write the 2023 (NECO) SSCE Exams are hereby advised to check out how to obtain/apply for NECO GCE registration form, registration requirements, registration starting/closing date, application fee and other registration details for the 2023/2024 NECO Senior School Certificate Examination (SSCE) Exams.
When Will NECO 2023/2024 Registration Start
The National Examination Council (NECO) registration form is out! and NECO has started the registration for the Senior Secondary Certificate Examination Nationwide. Candidates are to commence their registration.
How To Register For NECO GCE 2023 November/December SSCE Examination
Below are the 2023/2024 NECO Registration Instructions and details for November/December SSCE Exam. Kindly read and clearly understand the requirements outlined below to register for the 2023 NECO External SSCE Examination.
NECO GCE registration form is now on sale and available for purchase both OFFLINE and Online.
Prospective candidates should visit the Council’s website neco.gov.ng SSCE External link, to locate the nearest registration point (Cybercafe) and register at any time within the stipulated registration period. Candidates can also create an account, purchase a registration token and then proceed to the registration point to register.
- A passport size photograph is required for the registration. The candidate’s passport size photograph should NOT be more than SIX MONTHS old and must have a white background. System Camera can also be used to snap the passport size photograph at the point of registration as the case may be.
- BIOMETRIC FINGERPRINTS WILL BE CAPTURED DURING THE OFFLINE REGISTRATION OF EACH CANDIDATE.
- CANDIDATES SHOULD NOTE THAT THERE WILL BE BIOMETRIC VERIFICATION DURING THE CONDUCT OF THE EXAMINATION.
- CANDIDATES FOUND TO HAVE MISMATCHED FINGERPRINTS AT THE POINT OF VERIFICATION ARE DEEMED IMPERSONATORS AND WOULD BE SANCTIONED ACCORDING TO EXTANT LAWS.
ATTESTATION PHOTO CARDS AND EXAMINATION TIMETABLE
On completion of the registration process, each candidate must obtain the following from the Cyber Cafe
- Timetable for the examination, and
- At least One (1) clear copy of the NECO Photo card, which would be used to admit the candidate into the Examination Hall. (Candidates should note that Passport size photographs on the Photo cards that are not clear will NOT be accepted in the Examination Hall)
The Referee’s Attestation section of the Photocard should be SIGNED AND STAMPED by any of the following
- The Principal of a recognized Senior Secondary School
- An Ordained Clergyman or a Chief Imam.
- A Commissioned Officer of the Nigerian Armed Forces or the Police not below the rank of Captain.
- A Senior Civil Servant not below GL. 14.
- A Legal Practitioner of not less than ten years’ experience.
CANDIDATES ARE NO LONGER REQUIRED TO SUBMIT THEIR ATTESTATION PHOTO CARDS AT NECO STATE OFFICE FOR STAMPING.
NECO REGISTRATION FEE:
National Examination Council Registration fee is Seventeen Thousand Eight Hundred Naira (N17,800.00) only plus N50.00 for stamp duty.
DETAILS OF EXAMINATION FEES AND OTHER MATERIALS
Details of the Examination fees and other registration materials are as follows:
- Registration fee for the 2023 NECO SSCE is N17,800.00 only per candidate
- Photo album is N1,700.00 per pair
- Four-figure table is N250.00 per copy
- Syllabus is N1,500.00 per copy
- Unviable Centre fee is N50,000.00
- Late Registration attracts a Penalty of additional N2,000.00 per candidate
- Note that Stamp Duty, Service and Remita charges apply
MODE OF PAYMENT:
Candidates or registration points (cyber cafes) are to Visit www.neco.gov.ng and create an account using either their emails or phone numbers, activate the accounts and pay into the NECO TSA through five payment options.
- ATM Card
- Internet Banking
- Bank Branch
CANDIDATES ARE TO NOTE THAT SCRATCH CARDS ARE NO LONGER USED FOR ALL NECO TRANSACTIONS
VISUALLY IMPAIRED CANDIDATES
Visually impaired candidates are to be registered like everyone. However, the nature of their disability is to be indicated correctly when making entry of their bio-data in the offline application during registration. Visually impaired candidates are of two categories:
- Low Vision
- Complete Blindness
REGISTRATION PERIOD AND CLOSING DATE
a. The registration period Begins on 17th August 2023 and ends 14th November, 2022 at 12.00 midnight.
b. Late registration i.e. registration done from 15th to 19th November, 2022 will attract payment of ADDITIONAL Two Thousand Naira (N2,000) only.
c. Walk-in registration is Twenty Thousand Naira (#25,000.00) only per candidate, Registration must be done a day before the scheduled time of the first subject/paper intended to sit for
NECO EXAMINATION CENTRES
The Examination centres for each state have been grouped into Neighbourhoods. Candidates should select a Neighbourhood within the State where they intend to sit for the Examination and they will automatically be assigned a centre within the selected neighbourhood after uploading their registration data online.
AVAILABLE SUBJECTS FOR THE EXAMINATION:
- English Language
- Financial Accounting
- Agricultural Science
- Arabic Language
- Christian Religious Knowledge (CRK)
- Civic Education
- Further Mathematics
- Health Education
- Isalamic Studies
- Literature in English
- Physical Education
- Store keeping
- Technical Drawing
NECO GCE 2023 General Information.
- The Registration fee, once paid, is non-refundable.
- The use of reputable cyber cafes is highly recommended as the Council will not be liable for registration errors committed by candidates. Candidates should ensure that they cross-check all entries made by cyber cafes on their behalf, in the offline application before allowing the data to be uploaded online. Note: there is only one chance for a correction once the candidate’s data is uploaded online.
- Candidates or cyber cafe operators should carefully follow the SSCE External link on www.neco.gov.ng For instructions on the registration procedure before embarking on the registration exercise
- Candidates should study the Rules & Regulations as well as the Syllabus before the Examination.
- Candidates should note that the photograph uploaded during the registration will be embossed on their Certificates
- Candidates should check the viability of their centres online at least a day before the date of the examination
- Smoking Use of GSM phones and other electronic communication devices are not allowed in the Examination Hall.
- Candidates should dress in mufti and no one will be allowed entry into the examination hall with arms.
- Multiple registrations are not allowed. Candidates who register more than once will have their entire results cancelled.
- Please note that No candidate shall be allowed into the Examination Hall after the commencement of Examination.
- Wearing of face mask in the exam hall is compulsory
- Social and physical distancing in the examination hall or classroom will be strictly enforced/observed.
- Every candidate should bring into the examination hall or classroom his/her Own hand sanitizer
- A candidate showing symptoms of COVID-19 in the course of the examination will not be allowed to continue until he/’she is certified to be medically fit.
We advise you to bookmark this page and always check here for more guideline and updates.
NECO GCE Timetable For 2023 Examination
NECO 2023 Senior Secondary Certificate Examination examination timetable is out Click here to Download SSCE 2023 Exam Timetable.
NECO Success Guide
This will be a step-by-step guide on how to pass neco examination is considered one of those tough examinations and for a student to excel, such needs to know and apply its simple guide to success.
1. Develop a positive mindset
When you are approaching neco, there is nothing to fear or worry about, as the exams are only set based on what you have been taught in your various schools.
NECO is not what many people think it is. Many people think it is one exam that delights in thwarting the efforts of students by dashing their failures. Others think over questions such as: will I ever pass the exams? This exam is like a simple computer whatever you garbage in you will garbage out. Whatever effort you apply when studying for the exams will be shown in the result.
If you wish to excel in the exams, you ought to erase every negative thought that comes your way.
2. Plan your time
It is often said that proper preparation prevents poor performance. The way you plan your time will show how effective you are in the exams. One easy way of planning your time is having a personal Timetable (PTT) your personal timetable should show the time, and duration of your studies as well as when to break or do some other things. In your PPT, concentrate most of your time on your studies and make sure you keep to it.
3. Solve the unsolved problem
In NECO exams, every problem counts, and chances are that you will see that an unsolved problem appears as one of the questions. In order not to be disorganized and confused, you should endeavor to solve those problems you left unsolved. There are many topics that you ignored probably because they might look unimportant or tough. It is advisable to go over those topics and study them effectively. As you are preparing for NECO exams, don’t leave any stone unturned.
4. Study Effectively
The word student comes from the word studies. If you are a student, your duty, role, and responsibility are to study especially while preparing for exams. Don’t let anything hinder you from your studies. Before studying, make sure that you have all the materials needed for your studies. Read extensively with your textbooks, don’t just depend on your teacher’s notes, go for other materials and study widely.
NECO Result 2023 News Update
NECO 2023 results have not been released yet and the result-checking portal has not been activated yet.
You will find the latest news update on NECO result 2023 here.
Funloaded wishes you luck in purchasing your National Examination Council, NECO (GCE) Registration Form for the 2023/2024 Academic Year.
Feel free to share this amazing post with your family and friends.