The West African Examination Council (WAEC) has released a new version of the WAEC Continuous Assessment Score (CASS) Offline Registration Software for the Senior Secondary Certificate Examination [WASSCE for School Candidates].
Only Approved Schools and Authorities are advised to download the WASSCE for School Candidates WAEC CASS Offline Registration Software for them to be able to upload their student’s Continuous Assessment Score (CASS).
WAEC CASS Offline Software Download [Latest Version]
- Click here to visit the WAEC CASS Offline Software Download Center.
Download via the respective links below:
SETUP AND EXE FILES
- Microsoft Dot Net Framework 4.0 (Offline Installer).exe;
- CRRuntime_32bit_13_0_20 (32-bit).msi;
- WAECCASS Offline Version;
DOCUMENTS AND MANUALS
WAEC CASS Offline Registration Software Download Requirements
The following is the recommended system configuration:
- A personal computer running Microsoft Windows XP or higher, with 512MB RAM and 40GB HDD.
- A printer capable of printing onto A4 paper.
- CDROM Drive or USB Port to facilitate installations.
- Where (3) above is not available, a reliable internet connection to download the software from the WAEC EXAMINER CASS link/website is a good alternative.
WAEC CASS Offline Registration Software Download Installation Guidelines
The newest version of the WAEC CASS OFFLINE contains some breaking changes which require all schools to download, prepare a back from the old version, uninstall the old version and reinstall the application using this newest update.
Please follow the steps below to ensure that CASS records from the previous CASS Offline are moved to the newest version.
- Make a backup of the entire CASS Data in version 3.0 from the Administration menu by clicking “Backup Entire Database”;
- Copy the backup file to a new folder of your choice;
- Uninstall the WAEC CASS Offline version 3.0 from your computer;
- Install the Full and New WAECCASS Offline (You can get a copy from https://waecinternational.org/cass/downloads);
- Open the newly installed application. When prompted to restore from a backup, click the Yes button and locate the backup copy you made in (2) above, Wait until the restore is completed. You will receive a message once it is completed successfully.
Please NOTE that your login would be restored as well. You can always reset your password at any time provided you have your user name/id.